Monnet Sports Foundation
Monnet Group's Idea behind sponsorship lies under a thought of promoting boxing from grass roots level. Under the aegis of this thought the group has supported the Indian Boxing Federation and now, also the Chhattisgarh Boxing Federation. Individual support to boxers and coaches is extended in the form of felicitation of boxers, coaches & support staff for their stellar performances in the international & national championships.
As a regular practice, Monnet Group felicitates the medal winning boxers by awarding the gold medalists with Rs 3 lacs, silver medalists with Rs 2 lac and Bronze medalists with Rs 1 lac each and confers them as "Monnet Men of Steel" and "Monnet women of Power".
Infact, in order to motivate our pugilists for the Olympics 2012, Monnet Group had announced cash incentives of Rs 51 Lacs, Rs 21 Lacs & Rs 11 Lacs for Gold, Silver and Bronze medal winners respectively much before the Indian Boxing Contingent was leaving for Olympics 2012 at London.
While our Male Boxers put up a very spirited performance at the Olympics it was only Mary Kom who brought back a medal. To honor India's golden girl, the Legend of World Boxing and 5 times World Champion MC Mary Kom for winning the Bronze Medal at the recently concluded London Olympics, a felicitation ceremony was organized by Monnet Group where MC Mary Kom was felicitated with a cheque of Rs 11 lacs. Also, acknowledging the efforts of the boxers, coaches and physio for putting up a heartwarming show at the London Olympic, Monnet Group extended a token of appreciation by felicitating the rest of Olympic Boxing Contingent (7 Boxers, Coaches and Physio) with a cheque of Rs. 10 Lacs.
Following are the details of the felicitation ceremonies that Monnet Group has done:
- Felicitated, Shiva Thapa & Sumit Sangwan with Rs 2 lakhs each for winning gold medal and Rs 1 lakh to Vijender Singh for winning bronze medal at the Asian qualifying event in Astana
- Felicitated the outstanding performances of our 4 Olympic qualified boxers at the World Championships, Baku with Prize money totalling over 3.5 lacs
- Felicitated nine, XVI Asian Games medal winning Indian Boxers medallists, two who won Gold Medals Vijender Singh & Vikas Krishan by presenting them a cheque of Rs 3 lac each, three Silver Medal winners V Santosh Kumar, Dinesh Kumar & Manpreet Singh by presenting them a cheque of Rs.2 lac each, four Bronze medal winners M. Suranjoy, Paramjeet Samota, Mary Kom and Kavita by presenting them a cheque of Rs 1 lac each
- Felicitated seven medallists, three who won Gold Medals Suranjoy Singh in 52 kgs weight category, Manoj Kumar in 64kgs weight category and Paramjeet Samota in +91 kgs weight category by presenting them a cheque of Rs. 3 lac each & four Bronze Medal winners – Amandeep Singh in 49 kgs weight category, Jai Bhagwan in 60 kgs weight category, Dilbag Singh in 69 kgs weight category & Vijender Singh in 75 kgs weight category by presenting them a cheque of Rs. 1 lac each and conferred the honour of "Monnet Men of Steel".The Group also felicitated the coaches and support staff of the Indian Boxing team. The names includes, Mr GS Sandhu – Chief Coach, Mr BI Farnandaz – Cuban Coach, Mr Jay Dev Bisht – Coach, Mr CA Kuttappa – Coach, Dr Karanjit Singh – Team Doctor, Mr Hari Shankar Varma – Physiotherapist, Mr Bismillah Khan – Masseur.
- Felicitated MC Mary Kom with a cash prize of Rs 3 lac for winning a Gold Medal in the Women Boxing World Championship in Barbados.
- Felicitated the stupendous medal winning efforts of Indian boxers at CWG Delhi 2010
Besides this whenever any of the boxers or the coaches comes up with any specific requests then we do extend relevant support to them.